• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swerc

What is the name of your state? Virgina.

I im approached by some guy in the street asking if i want to buy some crap.. i look and say yeah how much? I pay for it ,, dont ask him anything about the stuff.. So I sell it on ebay and now yes,, its stolen from a govt agency..

Now what will be the charges.. 1st offense ever.. dumb move on my part.

S

seniorjudge

swerc said:

I im approached by some guy in the street asking if i want to buy some crap.. i look and say yeah how much? I pay for it ,, dont ask him anything about the stuff.. So I sell it on ebay and now yes,, its stolen from a govt agency..

Federal?
State?
Give details.

swerc

the agency is federal.. they have my ebay account and all the transactions.. I was told by a attorney a long time ago dont say anything to cops.. so I told them I have nothing to say for two hours,,,in which i thought i was going to be arressted at the end,, but they said I could go and they would be in touch.. I contacted my attorney and after he called me stupid,, he said nothing to do but wait..so that were i am..

S

seniorjudge

swerc said:

You need to do what your lawyer says.

BTW, the cops have heard this story before.....

swerc

I never knew u could be charge if u did not know it was stolen.. That why I did not ask.. I figured if I did not take it it would be no trouble for me..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">