• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenniferatlan3

What is the name of your state? NEW JERSEY

My son passed away in 2/05 . We finally got the stone on in 5/06 . When it was put on they put it in the wrong spot. No one can tell me for certain the actual location of my son. I don't want to mourn him when he's not really there. They also had me sign a paper showing what the stone would look like ( a heart). It is a recangle. What to do . Can I sue? What kind of law is this? What should I do?

seniorjudge

First, find out from the cemetery where your son is.

Next, talk to the people who sold you the stone. Show them the receipt where you were supposed to get a heart. Ask them why they changed it.

jenniferatlan3

the cematary only can tell me which number grave he is. they say its the second to last spot in a row # 64 when it is suppososed to go up to 65. well there is no 65. there is noboby in the row after my son. they dont know

t
they say its the second to last spot in a row # 64 when it is suppososed to go up to 65.
- Could it be spot 63?

They are not saying "we don't know" they are telling you where he is. If they are giving you wrong information, ask them to show you where the spot is.

fairisfair

i know where #63 is. its not where my son was buried. its where they put the stone but its in another baby's spot
Have some one from the cemetary physically walk out onto the property with you and show you where your son was buried.

If you don't get the information that you are looking for contact these people and file a complaint
http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/nonmedical/cemetery.htm

We are all very sorry for your loss Jennifer and understand what this additional chaos must be doing to you emotionally. Really Jennifer, your son is right where he has always been, in your heart and in your thoughts.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">