• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tpauldine

I had an affair and I've decided to end the relationship. I found out that she documented our conversations and activities in the past. I'm worried that she'd take those to my wife and kids. How can I prevent this from happening? If she did, what legal actions can I take? Thanks!

outonbail

I had an affair and I've decided to end the relationship. I found out that she documented our conversations and activities in the past. I'm worried that she'd take those to my wife and kids. How can I prevent this from happening?
You can't!
If she did, what legal actions can I take? Thanks!
You can ask her to forgive you and promise to go to counseling, tell her it will never happen again and basically grovel until she eventually forgives you. (I'm referring to your wife of course)
If she's smart, this won't work, so you'll then need to hire a good divorce lawyer.

I hope tapping that trim was worth all the trouble it's about to cost you. Financial, emotional, physical and so on.....

outonbail

Were you saying there's no legal remifications for her? What if she contact my teem daughter?
If she does not harass, stalk, bother or molest your daughter and if what she does tell her is the truth, then she is breaking no laws that I know of.

Have you ever heard the old saying, "If you can't take the heat?"

The truth is what it is. You can't change it, you can't avoid it and you can't expect much success in denying it.

You can prepare for it. By this I mean it may be better if your wife hears the truth from you, rather than your scorned Mistress.

Or you can sweat it out for God knows how long and hope your ex-lover decides not to spill the beans about you spilling the seeds. But my guess is that the odds are in favor of her singing like a canary. If she happens to be a friend of your wife, she will do it under the ruse of feeling guilty.

But these are all the things you should have thought about before the fling.
Anyway, this is a free legal site, not a free relationship advise site, so I'll end my rant by saying, you went there, so now you must take responsibility for doing so.

Try to remember one thing, you're not the victim here, so don't expect to be getting much sympathy for the position you've put yourself in. That type of support will be going to your wife and child(ren)

outonbail

What I'm trying to do is to protect innocent people, not myself.
I know I sound harsh, but from what I'm reading, you're trying to keep innocent people from discovering the truth concerning your adulterous actions.

I guess some will see that as protecting them. But I see protection as being a noble sort of act. But I just don't get any noble vibes from anything you've posted.

Sorry about the honesty,,, sometimes I can't help posting my true thoughts. Nothing personal,,,,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">