• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

howa4744

I live in Wisconsin and I need Help. I went to a hearing today. I am charged with a H Felony. I used a social security number and opened a saving account, and deposited my student loan into the account. I did not know I was using someone social security number. What can I do to make this go away? I file and rehabilitation review five years ago. I was told if I am charged with a crime, my rehabilitation review will be terminated. These are the Elements of misappropriating ID to obtain money (what the state would have to prove):This is the status below: Do I have to meet all elements to be found guilty?

1. The person acted intentionally (either knew or should have known what s/he was doing was wrong).
2. The person used, attempted to use, or possessed with intent to use another person's identity (identifying info or personal ID);
3. Without consent of the other person;
4. Further, the person represented s/he was the other person;
5. Finally, the person did all this to obtain credit, money, goods, services, employment, or any other thing of value or benefits.

Last edited:

howa4744

I'm am not a liar

I just went to court yesterday. When I made the post earlier. I never received any documentation from a court. But I was arrested and held in jail for about three to four days without a court hearing, I was charged with three counts of "misappropriating ID to obtain money," the charges were dropped. Later, I received a notice or summons and complaint in the mail, that I still could not understand what I am being charged with. I went to court yesterday, and was told what I am being charged with. Please don't call me a liar. I do not lie. I need HELP! If I am going to lie, why would I wasted my time in trying to find help.

FlyingRon

In one of your threads you say you used a SSN that just "happened" to belonged to someone else. In another you said you used your EIN. Shycat already called you out. We do not enjoy being toyed with. Start one thread and be truthful. Otherwise you won't get any better response than you did on the other legal site you posted the same question to (at least there you got an answer from someone claiming to be a lawyer).

Felonies are nothing to mess with. You need to talk to a lawyer. Just because you were released earlier doesn't mean they can't charge you now.

We can't even begin to help you if you aren't going to tell us the full and real story. Of course, you do know that we are NOT lawyers and even if we were, what you say here is not privileged communication.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

I just went to court yesterday. When I made the post earlier. I never received any documentation from a court. But I was arrested and held in jail for about three to four days without a court hearing, I was charged with three counts of "misappropriating ID to obtain money," the charges were dropped. Later, I received a notice or summons and complaint in the mail, that I still could not understand what I am being charged with. I went to court yesterday, and was told what I am being charged with. Please don't call me a liar. I do not lie. I need HELP! If I am going to lie, why would I wasted my time in trying to find help.
**A: then let's switch out the word lie to twist or change.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">