• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!!!battery charge court on 2weeks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingpin

hi there i'm from florida and i'm being charge for battery. i have no clue what to do besides get a public defender, any other thing i can do this is my first ever charge. what is the penalty for battery and any idea what kind of punishment i may get. there was no police report, waits a month after the problem and file with an attorney and she also has no proof while i on the other hand have two witness and a couple of cuts from her nails on my body. please any information will help i got a notice to show up in court by mail on the 16th of this month, the court date is on the 28th of this month.

kingpin

its a misderminor charge of battery, (long story short) we got into a verbal fight and after that she went to my mothers room and i step in front of her and said not to bother my mother. she then started pushing me out of her way and strached my chest and hand , then i pushed her away from me no cuts or marks were on her. that was on nov24th and on dec22nd she went to her attorney to file the charge. this being my 1st ever offense any idea whats gonna happen at the arriengment?any chance of them offering a plea or something? well included as much info as i could, thanks for taking your time to help me hope this goes smooth!!! thanks again

kingpin said:
its a misderminor charge of battery, (long story short) we got into a verbal fight and after that she went to my mothers room and i step in front of her and said not to bother my mother. she then started pushing me out of her way and strached my chest and hand , then i pushed her away from me no cuts or marks were on her. that was on nov24th and on dec22nd she went to her attorney to file the charge. this being my 1st ever offense any idea whats gonna happen at the arriengment?any chance of them offering a plea or something? well included as much info as i could, thanks for taking your time to help me hope this goes smooth!!! thanks again
Go to DA to file charges for her assault on you too. And who is she? your sister?

First timers are almost always to get plea bargains. You may go to anger management classes regardless if you don't think you are angry or not. And I do not believe that jail time will warrant, but you may get a probation. Just be thankful that you did not whack her with anything because it can be constituted as felony assault which you may face more serious time.

kingpin

its my sister i can't believe she doing this after the many times i helped get on her feet anyway thanks for the insight, i hope they offer a plea cause i'm afarid if i go to taril there's a chance i may lose. i justwanna get in and get out. any thanks for the info i'm starting to feel a lot better now

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">