• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!! crisis!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Natalie Taplin

What is the name of your state? Connecticut
I am 14, my boyfriend is 17 and we had sex. Some one informed the police (without me talking to the person first about what might happen if they did tell the police) and unfortunately, they didn't realize my boyfriend could get into the trouble he is facing. I had to make a report to the police about our relationship and made them realize that i love my boyfriend very much and that what happened between me and him was consensual. He is being charged for (i am pretty sure) 2nd degree sexual assault and statutory rape. He has not yet given a statement, but i have admitted to the police that we had sex. will the results of the trial be affected with how many times we had sex? what else we did? and has anyone had any experience with a similar situation that may know how the trial will turn out? please help!!!!!!!!!!! asap!:confused: :( :mad:

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: :mad:

Natalie Taplin said:

"I made a report to the police about our relationship and made them realize that i love them very much and that it was consensual."

===================================

My response:

Well, it's nice to know that you love the police so much, and that they have your consent to love them!

But, as far as your boyfriend is concerned, you sank his ship, and because of you, he'll be making big rocks into little rocks for about 3 years. And, on top of that, he'll have to register as a sex offender!

There go his chances for a good life! Right down the drain.

IAAL

N

Natalie Taplin

ok.. maybe i should have read my post a little more carefully before i posted it, but obviously I didn't tell the police about my boyfriend and i. I have edited my post and maybe you can re-read what i wrote and answer me again.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Natalie Taplin said:
ok.. maybe i should have read my post a little more carefully before i posted it, but obviously I didn't tell the police about my boyfriend and i. I have edited my post and maybe you can re-read what i wrote and answer me again.

My response:

Thank you for editing your post. My answer remains the same.

"But, as far as your boyfriend is concerned, you sank his ship, and because of you, he'll be making big rocks into little rocks for about 3 years. And, on top of that, he'll have to register as a sex offender!

There go his chances for a good life! Right down the drain."

Don't you understand why?

IAAL

N

Natalie Taplin

to enjay:
my mother went to the police to see if my boyfriends parents could be warned about giving their son condoms to have sex with someone without telling thier parents. She thought it was unfair for his father who gave him the condoms to not have the courtesy of calling her and telling her. she didn't even know about the law and she had no clue that this would happen. she is definately not pressing charges! she loves my boyfriend like a son, although she knows we had sex, she respects our relationship. thank you for (im supposing) having a helpful post

as for IAAL:
I dont appreciate your advice, and i do not see why your advice remains the same. It was not my choice for this to happen, and obviously i cant do anything about the cops knowing now.. all i can do is try to save my baby (boyfriend) from jail and any other punishment i can. i dont expect a response from you and i wish you not to.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Natalie Taplin said:
as for IAAL:
I dont appreciate your advice, and i do not see why your advice remains the same. It was not my choice for this to happen, and obviously i cant do anything about the cops knowing now.. all i can do is try to save my baby (boyfriend) from jail and any other punishment i can. i dont expect a response from you and i wish you not to. [/B]

My response:

You may not "appreciate" my words, young lady - - but I'm correct nonetheless. You many not like what I had to say, but I'm correct nonetheless. Oh, you're so young. There is nothing you can do. But, you'll see.

When he's sentenced, remember I told you so.

IAAL

N

Natalie Taplin

well, i didn;t quite understand what your "advice" was in the first place.. you didn't give any advice. you made rather rude comments to what i originally wrote and i didn't appreciate them. what exactly do you think will happen to him? can you try to help instead of just say i told you so and blame this on me.. its not my fault! what could i have possibly done?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Natalie Taplin said:
well, i didn;t quite understand what your "advice" was in the first place.. you didn't give any advice. you made rather rude comments to what i originally wrote and i didn't appreciate them. what exactly do you think will happen to him? can you try to help instead of just say i told you so and blame this on me.. its not my fault! what could i have possibly done?

My response:

I already told you what's going to happen to him - - "he'll be making big rocks into little rocks". That means he's going to prison and, like I said, for about 3 years.

You didn't have to make a written report. But you did.

IAAL

stephenk

Under the law you cannot give "consent" to have sexual intercourse. That is why your boyfriend is being charged with a version of statutory rape. When mom went to the police, the police had no option but to confirm that you and the boyfriend were having sex. When you admitted you did and maybe said you had sex more than once, his goose was cooked.

Have you told your boyfriend that you spoke with the police? If yes, what was his response?

N

Natalie Taplin

why would he be going to prison for 3 years? and is their anything i can do to help?

N

Natalie Taplin

i have told my boyfriend about this. he and his parents talked to the police.. but as i said, haven't made a report. They just basically got scared with the facts: he could have about 13 months probation. i was allowed to go in alone. and i have heard that since i am a minor.. the cops could get in trouble for that. maybe i can turn this all around. but my boyfriend has not admitted to this yet. i have another question: if my boyfriend decides to say we didn;t have sex, then could i possibly be arrested for giving false information? the police said i could. but my boyfriend says i can't since i am a minor.

stephenk

your boyfriend is wrong and is trying to get you to lie so he wont get in trouble. The best time to figure out the character of a person is when the going gets tough not when everything is going easy. his character is coming through and it is not good.

N

Natalie Taplin

we are all trying to save him from getting in trouble.. he is not a liar, or in any way a bad person. I mean, everyone has thier bad side, but i dont blame him for trying to save himself. i am trying to save him too. He talked to a lawyer yesterday. The lawyer said that as long as me and my mom back him up 100% then he should be fine and get MINIMAL punishment. definately not jail.. but possibly a couple months probation.

M

Mike101

If your boyfriend was 40 he would have reason to worry.
Its not a matter of you and your mother backing him up. Its just a matter of telling the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">