• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with disorderly conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cololivin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado.

Hello everyone. Recently I was given a summons for Disorderly Conduct, class 2 I'm guessing since at my arraignment the judge said it was punishable by up to one year in jail.

What happened was, I had my music playing loudly at night, all of a sudden I hear this insanely loud banging on my window, my first thought and instinct was someone was trying to break in or it was a really pissed off neighbor, never occurred to me it might be the police. So I grabbed my shotgun and went to the front door to see who was on the side of my home. As soon as I opened the door I was met with a flashlight to my face. The officer asked me to set the gun down, which I did. He presumed to just scream at me until I agreed to take a ticket to shut him up. I figured it would be for loud noise.....nope.

I'd like to know how it would be considered disorderly conduct under colorado law. I answered my door with a shotgun, and never left my home with it. From my interpretation of the law (I'm no lawyer), it says displayed publicly.

This would be my first real offense, I don't have any record except an MIP a couple years ago and a couple traffic tickets.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">