• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, Drug Abuse by Dr.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tawny333

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I think my doctor is over-prescribing narcotics for good friends. As a concerned citizen, how can I spark an investigation without giving my name? I fear retaliation as he is well-known and has friends in high places.

K

KeyLegal

If you make a complaint without giving your name, it is going to be dismissed as simply a disgruntled patient. My suggestion would be that you locate the name of the person responsible for supervision of medical professionals in your state and the head of the Drug Enforcement Agency office that serves your area. Then, I would write each of them a letter, giving your full name and contact information so they can reach you for more details if necessary. Give them all the details you can provide - names, dates, etc., so they can determine if your letter is simply a crank complaint of a legitimate one. Avoid making any charges, simply state the facts you know to be correct. And ask them to keep your identity confidential. If your information appears credible, I feel sure the DEA will quietly look into the situation. If there is truth to your claims, my experience is they will take time to gather all the information necessary, then the evening news will have it on the front page. The wheels of justice grind exceedingly slow but exceedingly fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">