• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Is this fraud & what can we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Onekwa

New York - I work for a radio station. An ex-coworker (JW) emailed a concert promoter to get back stage passes for a couple of concerts. JW claimed to be employed by our station, called herself Director of Marketing and Promotions, and told this person that the passes would be given away on our station.

The promoter was all set to send JW the passes, then called our station to speak with her. She couldn't reach JW at the phone number she was given. She was told by the person she spoke with that JW no longer worked for us. She called our station once again and was told the same thing.

She then emailed JW and told her that she had called the station and was told that she (JW) no longer worked here. JW emailed her back and told her that she worked from home for us and that she was on leave of absense. Not true.

The promoter called us again, and this time I spoke to her. Once I realized the gist of what she was calling about, I told her that JW definitely did not work for us in any capacity. The promoter forwarded the emails from JW to us. JW had created an email that seemed to represent us. It had our station's call letters and other info that would make it seem it was legitimate.

Sorry this is so long, and if you are still with me, what can we do? Can we charge her with anything? She didn't get away with it but we don't know if she has done this before and gotten away with it. How would you handle it? Thanks in advance!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">