• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help for a Friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bratkitten

I have no idea how to go about this but I have a friend in trouble. He's one of those guys who was a trouble maker when he was younger, but has since turned his life around. However, he is in a tight spot right now. He was arrested for abusing his son, whom he was home visiting. The child is four years old, and was fine when my friend dropped him off after visitation. Now, however, the child is very badly beaten. The only explaination is that his mother did it. She has a history of setting her ex up for crimes he did not commit, but the charges have always been dismissed. I do not know all of the details now, but I do know that not only does he have no alibi, but he has biased representation. His lawyer does not believe that a woman is capable of doing that to her own child. I have the entire story, what i know if it, posted at www.dreamweavers-rose-garden.com/sjgerby.html please look at it and see if you can help. It's the story of an innocent man, a man who attends a Big 10 university, is an honors student with a 4.0, and is a year away from graduating with a double major. He has overcome his past and he is about to have that all taken away from him for something he cannot prove. If you can think of anything useful, let me know, if not, tell people you know. See if anyone can help. Even word of mouth is help right now. I'm just looking for someone who may know how to help him in his situation. Thank you.

S

snookyjo

I believe a person can do wrong and get into trouble when they are young and turn out to be upstanding person when they get older because I have a cousin who did this. Can't you or someone where your friend is call social services and ask them to check into this and I do believe a mother can do this to their child. What kind of attorney does he have if he doesn't believe his client? I wish all the best for your friend and I hope some one out will help him.

Last edited:
S

snookyjo

go to the second page on here and look at the second letter, it has some web sites on there that might be of help.

D

destiny167

help:advice on outcome of criminal charges

help??i live in n.y and recently placed carges on my boyfriend.he was charged with a felony.5misdemeanors.the da reduced the felony to unlawful entry charge.i've never had him arrested but a neighbor called the police.he didn't physically harm me but verbally harassed me.he was definitely using drugs.the police had me go to the station and press charges.he goes to cort for the 3rd and last time on 4/29.he was already offered a plea for 1 class a misd.but i talked to the da and told her it was just an average fight,i didnt get hurt.my question will they offer him analternative to jail time.counseling???he has a long history but never domestic situation.i feel all he needs is anger managament.what r the chances he wont do time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">