• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!! I have heard of Statutory Rape but not Statutory Kissing!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jared999

I am 16 and I have a girlfriend who is 13.(If you have a problem with the age difference, I understand your prejudice but you do not know either me or my girlfriend.) I have no intent of having sex with her unless me get married, but that would be atleast 10 years down the line. Well acording to U.S. Code Title 18 Sections 2243 and 2246, even kissing her is illegal. Is that true, does it apply in California and what about in New York? Is there something that her parents can sign to say that we can kiss?
-Jared Ross

[This message has been edited by jared999 (edited September 04, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It is any sexual contact -- statutory rape is there to protect young children (which your girlfriend is) from this type of detrimental action.

Sooo, no because if her parents sign something, they could be charged with child abuse, child endangerment and the like.

I am not that far off from you in age...why don't you just chill out...or go get a blow up doll.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jared999:
I am 16 and I have a girlfriend who is 12, almost 13.(If you have a problem with the age difference, I understand your prejudice but you do not know either me or my girlfriend.) I have no intent of having sex with her unless me get married, but that would be atleast 10 years down the line. Well acording to U.S. Code Title 18 Sections 2243 and 2246, even kissing her is illegal. Is that true, does it apply in California and what about in New York? Is there something that her parents can sign to say that we can kiss?
-Jared Ross
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would depend on what the definition of the word is is. It would also depend on what your definition of the word kissing is. There are many forms of kissing from the "Hi Grandma havent seen you in years" kiss to the "I love you Mom kiss", then the "Old Aunty Bitty cheek kiss" (that lady wears some perfume that should be banned by EPA) to the "My dog Spot kiss" wet and slobbery, then the more technical locking lips, French style etc.
The US Code applies to all States. I comment you for checking but you also need to check the California State Statues. It really does not matter what the State or Federal laws state because if her parents forbid an act even though the governement may allow it, you would still be history. You are both minors.

I can think of a lot of somethings that her parents could sign stating that you could NOT kiss. Hey I would even go so far as no handholding. Any infraction and I'll cut off your I mean her telephone and internet time also.

Signed,
Big Daddy

C

ColinB

Sorry dude. You live in a country that is so screwed up where it comes to sex or anything of the sort that everything is illegal. You two are going to be breaking the law, no matter what. Good Luck!

L

lawrat

Big Daddy?

Yeah U.S. is very messed up with this and alcohol abuse. Take a look at France -- children there are groomed for affection and drinking from a very young age. I have yet to meet a sexually perverse, French alcoholic.

: - )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">