• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Me Important Battery Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmeplz1

What is the name of your state? indiana
My boyfriend is now in jail for a battery and foecfulk entry against me. The only reason the police was called becasue my window was broken and of course the state picks up the charges. I told the police i let him in the house willingly and they didnt put that down in the report. They said he forced his way in. What can i to help him and what is the worst thing that could happen. Hes never been in trouble and this whole thing has been blownout of proportion please help me anybody my son needs his daddy back:(

Happy Trails

helpmeplz1 said:
What is the name of your state? indiana
My boyfriend is now in jail for a battery and foecfulk entry against me. The only reason the police was called becasue my window was broken and of course the state picks up the charges. I told the police i let him in the house willingly and they didnt put that down in the report. They said he forced his way in. What can i to help him and what is the worst thing that could happen. Hes never been in trouble and this whole thing has been blownout of proportion please help me anybody my son needs his daddy back:(
You have to be more specific on what the charges are.

For example, go to battery charge.

What is the code violation on the forceful entry?

Or is it breaking and entering? trespassing?

CdwJava

The "only reason" the police were called was because the window was broken? Uh ... just HOW did this window break?

I'm gonna guess that you told the police something different at the time they were there and that what they saw fit with a more violent episode.

Keep in mind that since 3/4 of all DV victims recant or decline to assist the prosecution, they WILL expect this. At this point all you can really do is testify truthfully in court. And, keep in mind, that the boyfriend's defense attorney will have a vested interest in making you out to thbe the liar or exaggerator in this. So, if you get on the stand and deny what you told the officers be prepared that YOU might suddenly be charged with making a false police report.

If you intend to lie, ask yourself why you are willing to go to jail for him yet he is not willing to go for you?

If you intend to tell the WHOLE truth, then by all means, go for it.

But I also encourage you to ask yourself why the police had to be called in the first place ... and, if that is how you want to continue to live.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">