• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Minor w/ disorderly conduct charge, court thursday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nstewart

What is the name of your state? CT

A month ago me and my brother got in a small fight (lasted less than 30 seconds and no one was injured). My brother then became angry and was fighting with my mother and eventually she called the police on him. The police came and said the only thing they could do was arrest me and him for disorderly conduct, they arrested both of us. I had court a few days after that at which point I went in front of a judge who asked me if I was under 18 (I am 16) and then said for me to come back in a month (november 21st).

yesterday a counselor called and told me I would have to take 10 weeks of anger management classes. I currently work full time and go to school full time and have no time to take these classes. How can I get out of these anger management classes?

I have been told by a friend who has been through the system many times that I should plead not guilty on thursday and then the prosecuting attorney will meet with me and offer me a plea bargain. I beleive if I spoke with a prosecuting attorney I could easily get the charge dropped because of the following reasons : I am 2 years younger then my brother and half his size, I have never been convicted of a crime before, At the time of this incident I had undergone 4 eye surgeries (I was in a car accident aug 24th) and clearly I was no threat and not the perpitrator or instigator.

Can anyone give me advice on what to do? The only thing im worried is if I plead not guilty the judge will give me a trial date and I will be expected to show up with an attorney (I would much rather take 10 weeks classes then pay an attorney 500$+) Any help is much appreciated, Thanks - NS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">