• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help.. In need of advice fast....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Buzzer

What is the name of your state? CA

My friend called me because he was ID by the bank cashing his Aunt check (he stole the check from her aunt). Aunt filed a lost check book to the bank and they indicated a cashed check of $1800 which the bank showed the video and ID my friend.

This is where I comes in.. my friend is not computer literate nor savvy in the real world (hence the actions). However, I still want to help but I dont know where to go.

I asked him to settle this with his aunt. She's ok with it since the bank gave her the money. I told my friend that the bank might press charges against him (This is uncharttered territory for me). Can he seek legal advice? What are his options? Should the bank take action and he pleas guilty, what will be the reprocation?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">