• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help on NYC park regulations section 105 subsection F1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pkk1978

What is the name of your state? new york
Hi,
I need some advice on how to go about for a ticket that I got yesterday. This incident happened in new york city near washington sq park. The description says that I've violated the Park regulation section 105 subsection F-1 (open alcoholic container).
Can someone please tell me about the details about the penalty for breaking this law. And sincerely speaking this was the first time i was drinking outside on streeet and well i was not even aware that such rule existed.
I would also like to know the worst case possibilities if I want to contest for this. What would be a better way to go for this? plead guilty or not guilty?

Thanks,
PK.

stephenk

what defense would you have to fight the ticket? Not knowing that drinking alcohol in public is illegal will not get your ticket dismissed.

Pay the fine and be done with it. you wont be sent to jail.

P

pkk1978

Hi,
can you tell me what are the penalties for this (is this gonna be a big amount ). And will this be counted as misdemeanor and how will it reflect in my records?

Thanks,
PK

P

pkk1978

and also can someone tell me about what is ACD (Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal)
how can I make my case for an ACD..??

Thanks,

P

pkk1978

Now I've another question.
I already had some travelling plans (abroad) and unfortunately the date on the summon is just the next day that I am returning from my trip. Now I would like to know
1. what happens if I miss the date and time mentioned on the summon (because of some delay or something)
2. Is it possible that I can appear in the court on a date before the one mentioned in the summon
3. If I dont appear on the date can someone else represent me by taking my pink slip(summon)? what proof or evidence he'll have to carry that why cant i appear in the court.

Thanks.
PK.

P

pkk1978

Can someone please reply to the above. Its kinda urgent as i'll be leaving soon in 4-5days for my trip.

Thanks,
PK.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">