• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chris s

What is the name of your state? NC

Hi folks,

My girl friend got kicked of her moms house, the mom hates me and she always wanted to get me in trouble, I went and picked her up, so she know that she is here now, she is 17 years old and a minor, and I’m 22, what can she do if she wants to make trouble?
If we call the police now and report that she got kicked out, can she still file runaway charge against us?
What would be the wise move for us now?
I appreciate yourhelp in advance.

H

hexeliebe

au contrare, she does have a father and I suggest you contact him IMMEDIATELY and let him know what has happened.

Son of Slam

chris s said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Hi folks,

My girl friend got kicked of her moms house, the mom hates me and she always wanted to get me in trouble,

A psycho mom who thinks she has a "mission" from god to lead this lil girl to hell?

C

chris s

hi
there is no daddy option at all.. he was abusive and isn't in the picture.. Could 'contributing to the delinquency of a minor' be charged? if so, what can she do? should we file a report that she has been kicked out at least? or should we wait for her response?

mykoleary

chris s said:
hi
there is no daddy option at all.. he was abusive and isn't in the picture.. Could 'contributing to the delinquency of a minor' be charged? if so, what can she do? should we file a report that she has been kicked out at least? or should we wait for her response?
Huh?? It's illegal to run away now?? What happened to the good ol days of Huck Finn?

I'd suggest you look at the age of consent laws for your state, or any so called "running away charges" will be the least of your worries...

C

chris s

age of consent is 16, i'm not worry about that, they cant get me for that, can we call the police and tell'em that she got kicked out or something, so we at least do something before she does?
if they get me for run away, what would happen?

H

hexeliebe

There is no daddy option at all.. he was abusive and isn't in the picture..
You just don't get it do you?

YOU don't decide if there is a daddy option or not. Either one (mommy or daddy) CAN file charges against you for harboring a runaway.

So stop trying to act like an attorney and start acting responsibly. CAll the police or an attorney and tell them the situation. Give them the mother's name and phone number as well as papa's.

You are in a no-win situation and this girl, no matter how you feel about her, is about to land your ass in the middle of a lot of trouble.

C

chris s

it's so wierd, i already explained that there is no father here( they got devorced 12 years ago and mom has full custody, i haven't met the dad and i have no clue where in the hell i can find him or either if i could, he wouldn't care).
mom kicked her OUT, i didn't kidnap her, she has nowhere to go (she has no family in NC).
??????????????????????????????????????
please don't get mad, i'm not a lawyer, if i was i wouldn't be here, all i'm trying to do is to find a way to stay out of trouble and help her too. her mom doesn't want her back and she might don't even call the police on her for couple weeks, but is there any grantee that she wont do it later on? or if she does, they are not gonna ask her where the hell you been past two weeks, you could call earlier!!!!!?

H

hexeliebe

they got devorced 12 years ago and mom has full custody
This my last time trying to get you to pull your head out of your ass before you get into legal trouble.

I don't give a rat's ass how long they have been divorced, who has full custody or who isn't there. SHE HAS A FATHER! period. And if she won't tell you where he is or how to contact him, then her ass needs to be out on the street.

her mom doesn't want her back
And you know this how? Because your sweetie told you? Because mommy told you? Get real kid. You are in the middle of a domestic dispute and like it or not, you are the one who is going to be held criminally liable. PERIOD.

You tell that young lady to tell you how to contact her father. Because if she can't or won't then the next phone call you're making is to the family services department in your city or state.

Momma needs a come to jesus meeting with the authorities and daughter needs to get the hell out of your house and into either a shelter until she is 18, a foster home or back home period.

Unless she is worth going to jail for.

C

chris s

ok, i got that one,
if i can find the dad, what should i tell him and what can he do?
in case i dont find the daddy, what are my options? send her back home? or take her to the police station and tell'em there she is? what would they do? they try to take her back home or foster home? if she tells'em that she has a place to stay, are they gonna give **** about it or not?

i appreciate your help dude, i'm in the ****ing hell right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">