• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neilp01960

I am going through a divorce. Something happened involving my child while she was down visiting her mother. In order to document it, I filed an incident report. Upon the advice of my attorney, I didn't pursue thei issue and just let it drop. I just got a summons in the mail from the police officer who took the incident report summoning me to court for filing a false police report. What can I do? Please help.

CdwJava

I am going through a divorce. Something happened involving my child while she was down visiting her mother. In order to document it, I filed an incident report. Upon the advice of my attorney, I didn't pursue thei issue and just let it drop. I just got a summons in the mail from the police officer who took the incident report summoning me to court for filing a false police report. What can I do? Please help.
You speak to an attorney and do not miss the court date.

What were you expected to do that you did not. Had you been subpoenaed into court and then failed to show? Did you call the police and say you changed your mind or lied in the report?

Why did they suddenly decide to come after you?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">