• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please relative in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AdamGules

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

One of my relatives (25 years old) (took a purse that was left behind) by the owner in her place of work, she took the purse and used the checks that were in the purse to buy things, worth $ 250.00

The policy finally caught up with her, and I took her to the police station and told her to tell the truth about everthing... I don't have money to pay for a lawyer, I hope I did not do something legally unwise by having her confess to everything and sign. But in fact she did this crime.

I am wondering what punishment she will get, I have offer to pay the store any money that is owed to the store (she will pay little by little to me)

What are the chances of getting a reduce sentence or maybe have it categorized as a misdemeanor?

What would she be actually be charged?

I have seen in the news that when someone gets a conviction, if they don't commit any crimes for x amount of time, it could/may gets erased from their record (I am very worry about her permanent record.

She has never had any problems with the police until today

please help, any guidance will be helpful

What could she be actually be charge, ?

I have seen in the news that someone will get a conviction but then if they don't commit any crimes for x amount of time, it gets erased from their record ( I am very worry about her permanent )record.

she has never had any problems with the police until today

please help, any guidence will be helpfull

(note: Apologize for my first message with all erros, I have tried to fix them as best as I can)

n_and

It astounds me that at 25 years of age your 'relative' doesn't know right from wrong. Do yourself a favor and rather than spend money to help out your relative, help yourself out and get grammar and spelling lessons. Do yourself another favor and repeat this phrase several times a day:

Winners hang with winners, and losers hang with losers.

Shay-Pari'e

AdamGules said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

One of my relatives ( 25 years old) took a purse that was forgotten by the owner in her place of work, .... she took the purse and use the checks that were in the purse to buy things to the account of 250.00

The policy finally caught up with this relative and I took my relative to the police station and told this relative to tell the truth about everthing ..... I don't have money to pay for a lawyer, I hope I did not do something bad by having the relative confess to everything and sign. But the relative did this bad things

I am wondering what punishment this person will get, I have offer to pay the store any money that is owed to the store ( my relative will pay little by little to me)

What are the chances of getting a reduce sentence or maybe categoriase as a misdemeanor, ?

What could she be actually be charge, ?

I have seen in the news that someone will get a conviction but then if they don't commit any crimes for x amount of time, it gets erased from their record ( I am very worry about her permanent )record.

she has never had any problems with the police until today

please help, any guidence will be helpfull

This person is 25 years of age, the criminal record will always be there, it will never be erased.

You said a purse was lifted, and checks cashed, why do you need to repay a store?

I am not going to give you advice on your spelling, but what I will say is that you do not need to further yourself in this problem.

The person is 25 and wrote checks on a account that was stolen. Do you really want to help this person? If you do, let it ride, let him or her face the system, because apparently he or she knows nothing other than to steal, and guess what?

That is against the law.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">