• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help pleases!! Disorderly conduct, Petit Larceny, my Recorded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arw2322

What is the name of your state? New York

I am 23 years old and in March of 2008 I was arrested for petit larceny section 155.25 at a Macy’s in New York for about $150.00 worth of clothes. I paid the $500 restitution to Macy’s that night. I have been arrested and convicted for a DUI in 2004 but nothing else on my recorded.

I went to the town court had a public defendant and was it reduced to “disorderly conduct” which I pleaded guilty to and paid a fine. The public defendant & the judge told me “This is a violation there will be no criminal recorded” and they said it would not show up on a background check. “No recorded of this happening!!”

I asked several of times b/c I was very concern because my mom owns a family licensed Daycare in my house which I live.
Well NYS daycare license authorities did a background check on me and sent a report to my mom and it was on there. I don’t understand why?? I told the public defendant that the NYS daycare license group was going to do an all over check on me.
Please Help ASAP

Last edited:

FlyingRon

You were the defendant. Your lawyer was the public defender.
Your lawyer was obviously mistaken, but there's not anything he can do about it.
Ypu're lucky it only shows as the disorderly conduct.

You Are Guilty

Disorderly conduct is a violation, which, under NYS law, is not a "crime" (only misdemeanors and felonies are).

So either you didn't plead guilty to the DC charge, or the record for the original misdemeanor ARREST is what's showing on your background check.

arw2322

Thank you, it was the arrest that was showing on my background check i just thought that when i pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct that the petite larceny would go off my recored.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">