• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Possible probation violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrandonC1992

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

Help! Okay I was recently taken to court April 2012 for a 1st degree rape charge and was awarded youthful offender (I am 20) and luckily I didn't go to prison. My original sentence of 3 years prison was "suspended" for 3 years probation supervised and $1,000 restitution to the victim, had to register public on the offender website which is bull bc I didn't do anything. Well, I've paid all of the restitution except $100.00. I was arrested at a party for walking home drunk, and was charged with "public intoxication" and spent 2 days in the jail here, also I recently lost my job due to failing a drug test and showing up to work hung over. My probation officer reported me and I have court April 23rd. I don't know what is going to happen and kinda scared. Will the rape charges come up in court? My records are "sealed" for that so I don't think they will?? I am nervous about this and don't want to go to prison. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :(

davew128

You deserve to be violated and sent to prison for being stupid enough to be on supervised probation and getting drunk and high, both of which are violations. Apparently the part about the probation and suspended sentence didn't register in your head that they were part of your sentence for rape.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">