• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help-statutory Rape Question- Asap Please!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

palmdog32

I am a 16 year old male from Massachusetts...girlfriend is 14 years old, we had sex, her older sister told her mom, mom is possibly taking her to get examined, nothing said about pressing charges, but is it possible and/or likely for me to be charged w/ statutory rape-this is the first and only time we ever did it, she isnt pregnant

P

palmdog32

uh, could you be a little more specific? how do you know? so the MA law wont protect me even tho i'm only 16?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nope, sure won't. Massachusetts General Laws defines sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 16 as rape. Doesn't say anything about the age of the other person. Nothing in the law that gives you permission to have sex with a fourteen year old as long as you're only 16. If she was under 16, you committed a crime. Period.

R

RedneckRoy

Well ain't that being prejudice/one sided. You ain't reading dem laws right. The boy is 16 and under too.....Hey boy, if anything comes of it you go see your dad so y'all can press rape charges against the girl.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Hey, Roy, let's not get into this again. In MA it doesn't say 16 and under - it says under 16. Nor is it gender specific - if HE were 14 and SHE were 16, SHE'd be the one committing a crime.

R

RedneckRoy

I stand corrected then. I be wrong, I thought it was 16 and under. Let me use the "I'm just a dumb Redneck" excuse :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No excuses necessary, Roy. State law varies, in your state it may BE 16 and under. Just, not here.

HomeGuru

i8maliki said:
As long as the girl deny's having sex with you in court the mother is powerless she can have 50 doctors confirm that she is not a virgin and it wouldn't matter the only way they can prove you actually had sex with her is if she admits it in court and you agree otherwise nothing can happen maybe a restraining order at most.
This happened to me when i was younger my mom didn't like my b-friend so she pulled this crap but she was powerless without my admitting who i had sex with.
so as long as the girl is a willing participant in this sexcapade and she's willing to keep quiet than you have nothing to worry about.
**A: this is a bunch of BS.

HomeGuru

i8maliki said:
No B.S here.
so basicly what your saying is if this girl goes to court and says YOU had sex with her does that automatically mean your guilty no. it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt just like any other crime and this would be difficult expecially if the girl does not implicate him. I live in mass and went through a similar situation. so i think that would make me RIGHT.
**A: th only thing that you would be right about would be having sex as a minor.
You have no knowledge of criminal law and your only experience is having sex as a minor, defying your Mother and lying about it in Court. That hardly qualifies as a role model and a legal counselor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">