• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

her word against his

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ncls91

a mutual restraining order has been placed on my brother and his ex-girlfriend. she still has a piece of furniture that belongs to him that she won't return. it's not even his really--it's a rent to own company's. he told them he didn't want to pay for it anymore and that they could pick it up at her house but she refuses to return it. she tried to sue my brother for it and lost so she asked for a restraining order against him so he won't go to her house and try to get it. he was driving on the street in front of her apt. building and her boyfriend--who is a cop--pulled him over and arrested him for violating the restraining order--she lives on a rather busy street close to shopping. now she's trying to file stalking charges against him. what constitutes stalking and how can she expect him to pay for the furniture but have a restraining order on him?

S

slpkntktybby

if he was just driving by heading somewhere(and not actually driving by her house on purpose), then no charges should be pressed. as for the stalking, i don't think that it can be constituted as stalking because he's not actually following her anywhere (or so impressioned by the story). if he has to pay for it, he can always send her a check or money order through the mail. don't send cash for two reasons: don't send money through the mail, if cash is sent there will be no record of it and she could try and sue again for the payment which was paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">