• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hidden camera in bathroom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duke1098

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

In November 2008 I found 2 VHS tapes of myself and my fiance, which were secretly filmed and recorded by my so-called family friend of almost 30 years, in his home in San Francisco. Un-beknown to us and all his visitors at his home, he had been secretly recording everyone using his bathroom/toilet over the last 3 years. I confronted him with the evidence and he immediately threw me out his home.
I contacted the San Francisco police and they arrived at his home and confiscated the 2 tapes and took my statement. A week ago I learnt that the assistant DA is not going to prosicute as it's only myself and my fiance that are willing to take it further, besides several other witnesses that were also video taped and even having the 2 VHS tapes as evidence.
Surely this man cannot get away with this? It's horrifying to think what he has done with all these tapes and dvd's.
Can someone please give me some advice on what else I can do to bring this pervert to justice.

Last edited:

CdwJava

If the DA will not pursue the case, then you can always consult an attorney to see if there is any recourse through civil court. I am not sure it will be a viable option financially, but there might be some angle there.

- Carl

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

In November 2008 I found 2 VHS tapes of myself and my fiance, which were secretly filmed and recorded by my so-called family friend of almost 30 years, in his home in San Francisco. Un-beknown to us and all his visitors at his home, he had been secretly recording everyone using his bathroom/toilet over the last 3 years. I confronted him with the evidence and he immediately threw me out his home.
I contacted the San Francisco police and they arrived at his home and confiscated the 2 tapes and took my statement. A week ago I learnt that the assistant DA is not going to prosicute as it's only myself and my fiance that are willing to take it further, besides several other witnesses that were also video taped and even having the 2 VHS tapes as evidence.
Surely this man cannot get away with this? It's horrifying to think what he has done with all these tapes and dvd's.
Can someone please give me some advice on what else I can do to bring this pervert to justice.
**A: sure you are free to sue the scumbag by hiring your own personal attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">