• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hidden camera in the bathroom?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaisanPrincess

I hope this is the right subforum. I'm in Nebraska. I've been living with my aunt and her husband; I'm just over the age of minority. On my uncle's computer I found some naked pictures of me in the bathroom from what was obviously a hidden camera. Is there anything I can do!?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I hope this is the right subforum. I'm in Nebraska. I've been living with my aunt and her husband; I'm just over the age of minority. On my uncle's computer I found some naked pictures of me in the bathroom from what was obviously a hidden camera. Is there anything I can do!?
Don't use his computer...

BOR

That is generally a crime, yes, Voyeurism. IF you report it, be careful about retaliation, as you live WITH him. IF you approached your aunt, would she be recpeptive to you?

He can also be sued for Invasion of Privacy.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is wrong with you? That was a really stupid and asinine thing to say. The Op should contact the police to see if there is a violation of the law.
Oh my - wow. I am so totally wrong on this and I totally agree with you mlane.

I read the post as "...I found some naked pictures of men in the bathroom..."

PaisanPrincess - I apologize for the error and my prior post.

PaisanPrincess

That is generally a crime, yes, Voyeurism. IF you report it, be careful about retaliation, as you live WITH him. IF you approached your aunt, would she be recpeptive to you?

He can also be sued for Invasion of Privacy.
He doesn't know, yet; I'm supposedly at school, but I'm actually at a friend's house, I do not want to take any action until he leaves for work at night. I'll probably try to make a report for voyeurism tonight. Yes, I know my aunt would be receptive. I was hoping there would be something I can do. This is a conservative area, so I'm hoping voyeurism charges would do something. This is a huge violation of trust, among other things. Thanks for your advice.

BOR

He doesn't know, yet; I'm supposedly at school, but I'm actually at a friend's house, I do not want to take any action until he leaves for work at night. I'll probably try to make a report for voyeurism tonight. Yes, I know my aunt would be receptive. I was hoping there would be something I can do. This is a conservative area, so I'm hoping voyeurism charges would do something. This is a huge violation of trust, among other things. Thanks for your advice.
You are welcome.

You say you are 18 now??

IF you can prove the videos were of you when you were UNDER 18, it could produce more charges concerning viewing a minor in undress?

PaisanPrincess

You are welcome.

You say you are 18 now??

IF you can prove the videos were of you when you were UNDER 18, it could produce more charges concerning viewing a minor in undress?
No, I'm 19. The youngest I would have been was 18. I did visit when I was younger, but I don't know if I could find video of me 17 or younger. It's possible, but he probably set it up sometime after I stayed..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">