• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hidden camera in university-own apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cybervictim246

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am a victim of internet stalking and hidden camera invasion.

I am studying in a public university in California, and I live in an university-owned housing. Several university employed workers have accessed to my apartment and decided to plant hidden camera in my bathroom and bedroom and post the video online.

I found out about the invasions when the videos are being accessed by my coworkers and classmates and they secretly circulate the videos behind my back.

I try to talk to the legal services in my school, but none of them really know about the relevant regulations. Can I sue my school for my loss? even though the crime are commit by the workers. can I hold the video-sharing websites responsible?
Edit/Delete Message

CdwJava

Have you SEEN these videos? Can you prove they exist? Is anyone who has seen them willing to come forward and admit they saw them or were involved in the receipt or transfer of these videos?

Frankly, this seems a little far-fetched. What would make you so interesting that so many people would risk going to prison?

I suspect either you are a tad paranoid, or someone is pulling your leg.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">