• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hidden video?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mdwst

missouri- i have found out that my employer has set up hidden video at work, that send images to a webite, where the boss can view at home to see whats happening. but now I hear that he also is taping private conversations..without anyone knowiing it. is this legal? everyone knows of the video, but not sure about the sound?

Son of Slam

Mdwst said:
missouri- i have found out that my employer has set up hidden video at work, that send images to a webite, where the boss can view at home to see whats happening. but now I hear that he also is taping private conversations..without anyone knowiing it. is this legal? everyone knows of the video, but not sure about the sound?
Private conversations? During work hours? Is this what your boss is paying for? He has a right to know what he is getting for his money on his property. You don't like it? Don't go there.

stephenk

who told you about the video taping and voice recording?

what parts of the work place are being video taped?

are phone calls being monitored or are you talking about verbal conversations between employees at their cubicles/offices?

M

Mdwst

video taping

all employees know the camera's are there, its a joke of sorts. This is a auto industry and i can understand seeing if the work gets done, but listening in on private conversations? Not sure but phone conversations, is that legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">