• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hipaa Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keefaschick

Massachusetts I was recently hospitalized on a psych unit for a week.... A hospital employee told a fellow worker of mine that I was on the unit and exactly what I was threre for..... I need Help!! I have been violated... i reported it to the administration of the hospital, but I want to make sure it does not get brushed under the rug...... Thanks

usaohol

fines for violations on hippa laws

I have worked in health care many years, your complaint to the hospital wont be swept under the rug so to speak but may not result with much action. The hospital is required to fill out papers regarding the violation and have them available for review if audited. You can further your complaint with the agency for healthcare administration, they have an 800 number and complaint form you can fill out. If the hospital is found to have violations they can be fined.

usaohol

re fine thats it

If they reach a certain number of violations they can be placed on probation or loose their license all together. The problem is most people either arent aware of the hippa laws or they dont take the time to follow up with complaints. If you have insurance you can file a formal complaint with your carrier, they will usually investigate if there are several complaints or serious ones they might cancel contracts with the facility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">