• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

His word against hers(rape)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

user77

I've got a friend in Pennsylvania who asked me for advice and I don't really know what to tell him. Apparently, a girl he had consensual sex with(while in the bathroom at work) is now saying the sex wasn't consensual. He said the police went to the work after hours and collected evidence(the condom in the trash) so denial isn't probable. I don't really know why the girl would make it up unless somehow there was money in it for her, but I'm sure he wouldn't actually ever rape anyone. He told me the story and I do believe him, but I'm sure it's just gonna boil down to a he said/she said kind of case. He said the only evidence he does have is a coworker who could agree that the girl was very flirty, and the fact that the walls are paper thin so if there was any kind of a struggle, it would have been heard by everyone. Also just that there wouldn't be any signs of trauma on the girl. Does anyone have advice on what to do? Should he just come clean about the sex, lose his job, and then try to prove it was consensual or what? I don't really know any other details.What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your friend needs a criminal defense lawyer, not an internet advice forum.

user77

Very true, but I'm not a lawyer and he's pretty panicked about the situation so I was just trying to give him any advice I could find. He can't afford a lawyer consult right now and the public defender can't give him advice until formal charges are filed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Very true, but I'm not a lawyer and he's pretty panicked about the situation so I was just trying to give him any advice I could find. He can't afford a lawyer consult right now and the public defender can't give him advice until formal charges are filed.
Give him all the moral and emotional support/advice you want. But DON'T even think about giving legal advice beyond "hire an attorney"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">