• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run accident property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

317needinfo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana..

Ok i slid off the road and hit a speed limit sign and hit a home owners lanscaping bricks that line his walkway and i got a flat tire at the the time i thought i just hit a big snow/ice pile..the road was snowy/icey and it was 1 am so it was kinda cold out..I did not report it cause at the time i didnt know about the damage to the bricks i thought it was piled up snow..and i didnt think i needed to call the police for just hitting a speed limit sign.And it was cold and all i could think about was getting some place warm and safe for the night til i could get a ride in the morning to get a spare to repair the tire...well the police tow my truck and say it was involved in a hit and run ...So the guy whos landscaping i hit i find out about when i goto the police station to get a release on my vehicle..I told him to send me the bill for the landscaping which came out to be 150 dollars...i just paid it yesterday.i got the bill and paid him off ...then mean while i get a notice the same day for a court date for fail to stop at an accident and damage to property..what can happen and i have had a dui but alcohol was not involved in this case

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">