• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hart1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona,I was arrested for not calling pre trial services every week as instructed to do,missed 3 times out of 10 but showed for court as required and was arrested,judge orderd 7000.00 bond,when or if posted also orderd home arrest,leg braclet,drug testing,I have lived in az, all my life I have family here,Parents brother friends,I have never missed a court date ever ,I cant go to work,shopping,etc,My bond was posted,I ask lawyer [public defender] to file motion to motifiy,or appeal,she tells me she doesnt want to upset the judge,her first love is prosecuting and is just doing defense for the exp. then will go back to prosecuting, The charge is theft of means,first offense,I bought a car from,a guy with out title,I put down as a deposit of 600.00 and he left the car with me and said he would return with the title in a day or so and the remainder balance would then be paid but he never did, I was never seen driving it or even in it but I did have some bills in [water,phone] with my name on them, I also have 2 wittness that were there when i bought the car I have a signed receipt. Question is how do I get this this home arrest removed or motified so I can go to work Iam about flat broke and cant pay my bills, sorry about writing the book. thanks J hartWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

outonbail

I'm a little confused. You have been placed on house arrest, but not as a sentence to any crime, but as a part of your bail requirement?

House arrest is basically offered to qualified people, as a way to serve their time without having to be held in a county jail facility. A person receives the same credit for days served as they would receive if they were in custody and behind bars. But it is offered after you have been sentenced for a crime which you were found or plead guilty to.

So have you been sentenced already or were you on probation from another case which was violated?

As far as your questions, witnesses to the sale and the signed $600.00 receipt have no bearing on the reason you were taken into custody and made to wear the ankle bracelet for home arrest.

According to your post, you were taken into custody for not following court orders to call in every week. So you're dealing with two different issues.

I'm actually surprised the judge didn't address your work obligations when he/she ordered you to wear the bracelet. They usually allow anyone on home arrest to go to work and AA meetings. But then I've never heard of anyone being required to be on house arrest as a part of posting bail.

You should have brought up your work obligations when the judge was ordering the house arrest.

What work do you do, are you employed by a reputable company, one which has a schedule you must follow, pays you weekly and deducts taxes from your check each week?

Or are you self employed,,, possibly scrapping copper wire for a living?

The house arrest program usually requires for you to show proof of legitimate employment before you can be allowed away from your house to work. If you are self employed, they will want to see your last years income tax statements in order to allow you to work for yourself.

But if you have this proof of employment or of paying self employment taxes, you should be able to get time away from your house to work.

So the question is, do you have this proof of employment?

hart1

Yes I did have a job,I drive truck local in Phx AZ the judge say's I can't leave the county and my job requries that sometimes i do ,And no I'am not on probation or guilty of any crime, I tried to tell the judge that I have a wife,17 year old daughter,I ask my lawyer if maybe I could get work furlough were your in 12 out 12 and she just said no,That morning I was just supposed to meet my lawyer just to discuss my options prosecuting had there offering on the table but when I got there my attorney start's off by telling me that the judge might put me in jail we walk in to the court room and right up to the podium she ask my name ,age,she tells me I'am in violation of P T S and what was my excuse,I told her that I called in most of the time and since my status had not really changed [address,court date,] that I really did not see the purpose and they had my cell phone # and she has called me before,I do know that judge's dont like B.S.excuse's and they have heard them all so I told her that I didn't really have an excuse,I just said i have lived here all my life,my parents,brother,friends ,high school,collage and that I have never missed a court date ever ,this all happened in a matter of a few minutes,I look at my lawyer and she just kinda shurg her shoulders and didn't say 1 word, next thing I know I'am chained to the chain gang and going to a little room with 15 other guys no bench to sit on I have a bad leg that if I stand up for very long it will swell up so much that I cant pull my pants leg up ,I tried to sit on the floor but the offcer came by and said we could not sit on the floor and made me stand up in a 4x 8 room, no ventalation for 7 hours there was steam on the windows I told him that I needed medical attention he said that i would get it, by the tine I got to medical intake I also have a skin ulcers just above the ankle same leg, It discharge's a lot of fliud and that i have to change the bandage at least 3 to 4 times a day the doctor had to cut my pants leg just to be able to look at it and the nurse had to put on a mask becuse of the smell, every officer in there came by to see make there rude comment and to tell me that I will have to have my leg amputated , they normaly take your prints and muggshot,but they didn't take mine untill I was being released they took me straight to the hospital were I stayed for the next 7 days no phone the first 2 days [no booking #] the wife did not know what happend to me and my leg has not been the same since

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">