• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home owner stealing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Polymo

What is the name of your state? Missouri
What legal recourse do I have against the co-owner of my home who I discovered has been stealing my mail and my teens mail? I now suspect other missing items also.

geeeeoffff

yeaaa

see if you can't find some solid evidence and call the feds. Missing mail might be probable cause for a judge to issue a warrant to search his property for your mail.

have you considered the possibility that someone other than this individual is stealing your mail? is this person the only other person with access to this mailbox?(like is it locked or something?)

this individual could be found guilty of crimes on both the local and the federal level which means hard time.

On the local level:
"In most cases, being convicted of concealing stolen property is punishable by a maximum of 5 years in prison,"

on the federal level:
“Theft of mail is a felony under federal law, punishable by up to 25 years in prison for each count,” said U.S. Postal Inspector C.K. Aarons.

thats for each piece of mail too!

http://www.ocolly.com/read_story.php?a_id=30612

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">