• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

honorable jesture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida
my son is 16 years old and he is working full time and going to GED classes a minimum of 18 hours a week. He was with his girlfriend when he saw my daughter coming home from school. He then saw a young man, 15 years old and large in build slap my daughter. He then slapped this boy. telling him not to touch his sister. the boy started walking away and with the encouragement of all the other middle schoolers around the boy then turned and came at my son and a fight ensued. my son this boy and another boy that was trying to brake up the fight all got taken into custody. Later we find out that the boy who hit my daughter obtained a broken arm in the fight. The officer that took my son into custody stated that he didn't know how the kids arm got broke but that it is broke. I know this is unacceptable behavior but what will happen now? I know court for my son but what about the broken arm? am I resopnsible or being that he hit first is it his parents responsibity? I am not trying to run from the responsibility of paying for the injury I am looking for the right thing to do. if this is my responsibility i want to contact his parents and offer help financially but like i said before since he initiated the physical contact does that then make his parents responsible or would it be broken up in %'s part them part me? thank you in advance for your advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">