• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Horrible kids!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Angiet410

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I bought a house in a middle class subdivision 2 years ago. Our backyard has a pool and is enclosed by a privacy fence. Before we had even gotten moved in there was damage done to the fence around the pool that we had to repair. <br>

I caught the next door neighbor's brats climbing on the fence several times and told them to please not do that. After about the 3rd time I caught them I went and spoke to their parents who said they would take care of it..DIDN"T HAPPEN<br>

Not only is it their children that have done it, but there house has become a hangout for every kid in a six block radius. I get to listen to them bounce their basketball ALL DAY LONG, except school days when it starts at 3:05 till around 7. There has been more damage to my fence (about 6 more incidences), 2 where they actually kicked boads in.<br>

In addition to the fence, they have also killed many plants that I've put out in the front yard (with the basketball) and I have to pick up garbage every day out of my yard. The most recent incident occured today when I heard a noise and walked outside to find a kid jumping up and down on my a/c unit and throwing the basketball at my house (which knocked a picture off the wall and broke it)<br>

I have spoken to the neighbor's, other kids parents, etc. too many times to count and I have had enough!!! Talking to parents, asking nicely, cussing out kids, none of it has had an effect on the damage to property that I have worked very hard on to make nice..<br>

Since beating them is illegal (darn it) does anyone have any other suggestions? I am at my wit's end, I can't even enjoy being out in my yard.. Thanks for reading my long post!!!

HomeGuru

Angiet410 said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I bought a house in a middle class subdivision 2 years ago. Our backyard has a pool and is enclosed by a privacy fence. Before we had even gotten moved in there was damage done to the fence around the pool that we had to repair. <br>

I caught the next door neighbor's brats climbing on the fence several times and told them to please not do that. After about the 3rd time I caught them I went and spoke to their parents who said they would take care of it..DIDN"T HAPPEN<br>

Not only is it their children that have done it, but there house has become a hangout for every kid in a six block radius. I get to listen to them bounce their basketball ALL DAY LONG, except school days when it starts at 3:05 till around 7. There has been more damage to my fence (about 6 more incidences), 2 where they actually kicked boads in.<br>

In addition to the fence, they have also killed many plants that I've put out in the front yard (with the basketball) and I have to pick up garbage every day out of my yard. The most recent incident occured today when I heard a noise and walked outside to find a kid jumping up and down on my a/c unit and throwing the basketball at my house (which knocked a picture off the wall and broke it)<br>

I have spoken to the neighbor's, other kids parents, etc. too many times to count and I have had enough!!! Talking to parents, asking nicely, cussing out kids, none of it has had an effect on the damage to property that I have worked very hard on to make nice..<br>

Since beating them is illegal (darn it) does anyone have any other suggestions? I am at my wit's end, I can't even enjoy being out in my yard.. Thanks for reading my long post!!!

**A: tell us what happens each time you call the police to report trespassing and damage to your property.

A

Angiet410

One other question..

If it is not the neighbors kids that do the damage, but their friends, can I hold the neighbors responsible? There's so many kids coming and going over there I can't tell who's who..

AmosMoses

Angie,

Have you EVER called the police and at least expressed a complaint if not formally filed one? If not, you need to start!

O

OnlyOneVoice

I agree, call the police and report them for trespassing. That way the next time the do it after they are warned, they can be ticketed for Criminal Tresspass and held responsible for the damages.

Also head to your local Wal-Mart and buy several signs that say

POSTED NO TRESPASSING.

and post them on the outsides of your fence so that your intentions are clear and then follow through with the police.

Buy a good camcorder and start your own taping of the things, set up a spy cam if you have to. Pursue the thing and with enough evidence you can also pursue the parents for damages.

HomeGuru

Re: One other question..

Angiet410 said:
If it is not the neighbors kids that do the damage, but their friends, can I hold the neighbors responsible? There's so many kids coming and going over there I can't tell who's who..

**A: you did not answer my question Angie?
Shall I have Mick Jagger sing it to you?

A

Angiet410

I have spoken to the police dept. and was told that there isn't much they can do other than talk to the kids unless they see the damage being done. A lot of the damage has been done while I wasn't at home so I have no proof who is actually doing it, but it is always on the one side of the house where the monster children live.

Times when I have caught them in the act of climbing on the fence or stomping flowers I ran to get the camera but it happens so quickly I haven't been able to capture it in time. When I run outside kids scatter everywhere so I can't find the one that did it.

I would love to invest in video surveillance equipment but am not able to afford to at this time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">