• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hosting poker games..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meme530

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio.

I play regularly at 4 different games in my area, 3 are home games and 1 is on top of a restaurant. I already researched if it's illegal to collect a rake and already know that it is illegal. How do they get away with this? One of the places hires security from a local firm around here, and I know a police chief from a small town plays too.

This is an unethical question, but there is obviously a loophole around this. Maybe I'm wrong? Are they a non profit organization and just don't log the real amount they made? Can you collect a rake if its going to a side (progressive bad beat jackpot) Which goes to the loser of a X hand that gets beat?:confused:

Also what is the official "charge" If they got busted or If I got caught collecting a rake if I hosted a game? Does it depend on how much money is involved?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">