• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hot check trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jiggybaby

What is the name of your state?arkansas

i am a 24 year old college student i have never had an run in with the law and i want to keep it that way but last month i got served a warrant for 2 hot checks written in 2000 one for 6.39 and the other for 4.00 on an old account that i used to have that i closed out 2 years ago. i had no idea about these hot checks. anyway they gave me untill july 27 to pay $700 in fines or they said this will go on my record, which i do not want. i have no problem paying this off but there is no way i can pay 700 by july 27. i am so hurt about this whole situation. if the worst happens and this does go on my record does that mean that i will not be able to get a job when i graduate college? will i have a criminal record? Please i need some advice. thanks in advance

Last edited:

bigbarkingdog

jiggybaby said:
What is the name of your state?arkansas

i am a 24 year old college student i have never had an run in with the law and i want to keep it that way but last month i got served a warrant for 2 hot checks written in 2000 one for 6.39 and the other for 4.00 on an old account that i used to have that i closed out 2 years ago. i had no idea about these hot checks. anyway they gave me untill july 27 to pay $700 in fines or they said this will go on my record, which i do not want. i have no problem paying this off but there is no way i can pay 700 by july 27. i am so hurt about this whole situation. if the worst happens and this does go on my record does that mean that i will not be able to get a job when i graduate college? will i have a criminal record? Please i need some advice. thanks in advance

For bouncing a couple pocket change checks written when you were 19?? Hell my wife is almost 30 and she still cant balance a check book. Who gave you until july 27th?

http://www.co.washington.ar.us/ProsecutingAttorney/Hot Checks.htm

The following checks usually will not be prosecuted as "HOT" Checks:

A post-dated check;

A stop-payment check;

A two-party check;

A check more than a year old;

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">