• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hot or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadine007

What is the name of your state?Georgia A friend of mine recently came by with a bunch of tools for sale. I dont really know this person very well and they were driving a 200 dollar truck with over a thousand dollars worth of tools in the back. (brand new). I was told they were on the up and up. How can I make sure? I dont want to tell on anyone, I just want to cover my butt.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nadine007 said:
What is the name of your state?Georgia A friend of mine recently came by with a bunch of tools for sale. I dont really know this person very well and they were driving a 200 dollar truck with over a thousand dollars worth of tools in the back. (brand new). I was told they were on the up and up. How can I make sure? I dont want to tell on anyone, I just want to cover my butt.

My response:

What the hell do you mean by, "how can I make sure"? For one thing, if you're in Georgia, the tools are stolen if they're located in a pick-up truck only worth $200.00. That's how you can tell. Or, you can look for the name of the owner on each of the tools in little, teeny, tiny, letters.

What a dufus! Do you live in a trailer?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nadine007 said:

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post was copied and just became a Runner-Up in our end-of-the-year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2005 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2005 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! Our 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Here's a list of the finalists of the 2004 "Most Stupid Post" contest so that you can compare yours to the "competition". Just click on this link: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=204109 and have a chuckle or two while reading! NUMBER SIX was our GRAND PRIZE WINNER!

Yes, I know it's incredible, and I know you're blushing with pride - - but, believe it or not, your post could be our Grand Prize winner for 2005! We're giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further Details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

wtd

You didn't help steal them did you? Otherwise what would you be charged with? 'Looking at tools that you should have known were stolen?'
Cover your butt by saying 'No thanks' when he tries to sell them to you if that's what he was trying to do, your post doesn't say ...... (bloody moron...)

wtd

Last edited:

Caligirl1971

Um, my husband drives a yucky old truck to work filled with thousands in tools.

Yes, they probably are stolen, but the assumption that someone is defined by their vehicle is comical.

panzertanker

Caligirl1971 said:
Um, my husband drives a yucky old truck to work filled with thousands in tools.

Yes, they probably are stolen, but the assumption that someone is defined by their vehicle is comical.
How about the assumtion you make by jumping into this forum and insulting a senior member?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caligirl1971

WOW, thin skins around here. Who, exactly did I insult? IAAL? Given how he/she responds to others, I don't see the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">