• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to anonymously report a FL child modeler who I suspect is grooming his models?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Catman36

Very recently, I came across some disturbing online profiles of a man who is a very popular child modeler; all of his pictures are of hundreds of barefoot preteen girls pointing their feet at the camera. In many of them, he has the parent of the girl tickle her feet. What I found on his other online profiles by Googling him indicates that he is engaging in this practice as part of a sexual fetish. Some of these signs:
*Almost all his 50 or so Facebook likes are foot fetish and tickling fetish
*He posts these photos on other sites where he and other men admire them (talking about how lucky he is to tickle little girls’ feet, etc.)
*He has an obsession with a child actress who he posts photos of on his page on a weekly basis, referring to her as “hot”, “sexy”, “his woman”, etc.
*He goes on family YouTube videos that have little girls in them and requests to the parents they add video footage of their feet being tickled.
I know that none of this is illegal, but I suspect there could be a lot more going on, and would like to tip his community off that there might be more to his business. I’d at least like to let the investigators within his community know, even if it will probably get nowhere; I would feel guilty telling no one about this knowledge. How would I anonymously do this? I don't live in Florida BTW; I discovered this guy thru Facebook, as he was repeatedly posting inappropriate things in a group I belonged to and I checked out his page to see what his deal was.

quincy

Very recently, I came across some disturbing online profiles of a man who is a very popular child modeler; all of his pictures are of hundreds of barefoot preteen girls pointing their feet at the camera. In many of them, he has the parent of the girl tickle her feet. What I found on his other online profiles by Googling him indicates that he is engaging in this practice as part of a sexual fetish. Some of these signs:
*He posts these photos on other sites where he and other men admire them (talking about how lucky he is to tickle little girls’ feet, etc.)
*He has an obsession with a child actress who he posts photos of on his page on a weekly basis, referring to her as “hot”, “sexy”, “his woman”, etc.
*He goes on family YouTube videos that have little girls in them and requests to the parents they add video footage of their feet being tickled.
I know that none of this is illegal, but I suspect there could be a lot more going on, and would like to tip his community off that there might be more to his business. I’d at least like to let the investigators within his community know, even if it will probably get nowhere; I would feel guilty telling no one about this knowledge. How would I anonymously do this? I don't live in Florida BTW; I discovered this guy thru Facebook, as he was repeatedly posting inappropriate things in a group I belonged to and I checked out his page to see what his deal was.
What is the name of your state, Catman36?

I do want to say first that you need to be very careful to whom you relate your suspicions about the man, anonymously or otherwise.

You do not want to defame any identified or identifiable person by stating or implying publicly anything that could injure the reputation of the person, unless you have proof in the truth of what you say.

Who you can contact will follow, when you provide your state name.

Catman36

What is the name of your state, Catman36?

I do want to say first that you need to be very careful to whom you relate your suspicions about the man, anonymously or otherwise.

You do not want to defame any identified or identifiable person by stating or implying publicly anything that could injure the reputation of the person, unless you have proof in the truth of what you say.

Who you can contact will follow, when you provide your state name.
I live in Oregon. I have been taking special care not to defame him in any way, or make a public deal of this; that's why I'm still on the fence about even reporting this.

quincy

I live in Oregon. I have been taking special care not to defame him in any way, or make a public deal of this; that's why I'm still on the fence about even reporting this.
Thank you for providing your state name, Catman.

Following is a link to the official website for the Department of Homeland Security, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Child Exploitation Investigations Unit: http://www.ice.gov/predator

Included on the home page is the hotline number where you can report any suspicious online activity - 1-866-DHS-2ICE - and a link to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children - http://www.missingkids.com/cybertipline - with a 24 hour hotline - 1-800-843-5678.

And finally, here is a link to the Department of Justice, Computer Crimes: http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/reporting.html

It is hard to know when to report suspicions. When the suspicion you have is one of child exploitation, however, it can be best to report it for investigation.

Last edited:

Reto

You cannot get in trouble if you truly think that what you say is true, and you tell them you think he is doing it, you don't know for sure. I wouldn't worry about being anonymous. I'd go to my local police station and talk to a police officer and tell them what you think might be happening. They will be glad somebody is reporting it, they can look into it without you actually making a formal complaint. If they suspect something, they might ask you for a formal complaint or get others involved. They will probably want your contact info, but something like that won't get you in trouble IF you truly believe it and have reasons that back up your idea. We never know for sure sometimes what is happening, but integrity and honesty says that if we think something bad is happening, we report it in good faith. I say use a police officer because usually what you say to them in a conversation is something that won't be shared unless he feels it is important or might get you in trouble if they know you were just trying to protect children.

Last edited:

quincy

You cannot get in trouble if you truly think that what you say is true, and you tell them you think he is doing it, you don't know for sure. I wouldn't worry about being anonymous. I'd go to my local police station and talk to a police officer and tell them what you think might be happening. They will be glad somebody is reporting it, they can look into it without you actually making a formal complaint. If they suspect something, they might ask you for a formal complaint or get others involved. They will probably want your contact info, but something like that won't get you in trouble IF you truly believe it and have reasons that back up your idea. We never know for sure sometimes what is happening, but integrity and honesty says that if we think something bad is happening, we report it in good faith. I say use a police officer because usually what you say to them in a conversation is something that won't be shared unless he feels it is important or might get you in trouble if they know you were just trying to protect children.
For clarification only:

You CAN get into trouble for saying what you "truly think" is true if it is not true. It matters to whom you make your statements.

When you talk about reporting suspicions of criminal activity to law enforcement for investigation, the statements are covered by a qualified privilege and this privilege protects even false statements from a defamation claim, when the report is made in good faith and without malice.

Catman has already said s/he is being careful not to defame the photographer by not making any public statements about him, which is good.

The local police will not be able to do anything about an individual living in Florida posting pictures online. Oregon's State Police has an internet crime division, however. Because this does not personally involve Catman in Oregon, and it does not appear to involve Oregon, Oregon's State Police would not involve itself in the investigation but could turn any report that is made over to Florida authorities for investigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">