• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I remove an old fraud charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LETSGETWELL

What is the name of your state? Texas

Over 10 years ago, I was charged with fraud or something like, document deception, I think. Money was involved and even though I didn't intentionally do anything wrong, I agreed to repay the money while on probation until it was paid. It was not a "conviction" but it is a felony charge on my record. Now, I am worried I will lose a good job offer because of it.

Can I have this removed from my record? How easy or hard would it be? Can I lose my job because of it, even if I am willing to admit it if asked? It is listed on my background check as SEC EXE DOC DEC with "No Found of Guilt" and I am not sure what it stands for or if I should be worried about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">