• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I stop her?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

L,S.E.

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

My ex-husband's wife has started subscribing to magazines in my name, both the magazines and the bills are coming to my address. I am able to call to cancel most of them, but some I have to mail back marked "cancel" costing me postage. There are at least 6 I have received so far. Today I received a box of books and a bill from Doube Day that I didn't sign up for. Now I have to deal with cancelling that and mailing the books back, probably at my cost. She is doing this because her husband and I are still very close friends and she hates me.

Is there anything I can do to stop her? I have a feeling the police won't do anything if I call them. I know she did this because she told her husband that she had done it before the magazines started showing up.

To me, this is harrassment or maybe even fraud and there should be some way to stop her.

JETX

If these items are being sent on credit, put a 'fraud watch' on your credit accounts.

As for the items being shipped (books, etc.) simply refuse delivery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">