• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I win against a lie?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

copy tech

What is the name of your state? IL

I was driving home in a caravan. A bmw was infront and a green car in the left hand lane. We were aproching a lane reduction. The green car turned left and the bmw slamed on its brakes. I honked the horn and he gave me a hand gesture. There was no one in front of him for blocks. I passed him in the left lane using my turn signals. I will even admit I returned the hand gesture.
He was on my tail waving his hand and head out the window. He got besides me and flashed a badge. I told him to learn how to drive and he said I was in trouble for improper lane usage. I drove forward when the light turned green. He saw a local cop and waved him down. The local cop pulled me over. I puled over onto a side street, the off duty cop shook the other one shand and told a big lie. When the cop came to my window I told him what happned. I told him I passed the using a left hand lane. I got a ticket for not using a signal to pass the bmw.
The off duty cop speed down the side street and didnt use a signal to turn when he left. I asked how he could give me a ticket. He said he had to because of the complaint but he wouldnt say he had seen anything to a judge.
I will take the day off for this and I will fight it. But is it a losing battle? The thing I am most angrey at is this off duty cop used the law to get me back for a petty flip off.

JETX

"But is it a losing battle?"
*** Sorry, but my crystal ball just went into the shop for repairs (damn thing kept giving me the winning lottery numbers!!). If I still had it, I could look into the future and see how the court might rule on your issue.

When is the court case??? I will try to contact the 'crystal ball shop' and see if they can expedite my repairs!!

CdwJava

Your only real recourse is to state your case in court. You could also try complaining to the off duty officer's agency about his conduct if it was that egregious.

The problem you might face is that even if you signalled, if you could not lawfully use the adjacent lane to pass him in, then you won't be able to justify it at all anyway.

Carl

C

copy tech

I think the reason I only recived a ticket for the turn signal is that I pointed out I could leagly pass him in the left lane of a 4 lane road. I plan on complaining if I win in court. Untill then I think contacting his boss will only piss him off more and who knows what underhanded things he could pull.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">