• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can we stop contact/harassment from former cybersex partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tomjones

dear free advice members and postmaster,
i hope this is the correct posting category for my situation, plaese forgive/direct if not.
my wife and i have been happily married for 5 years and live in california, however recently she had an online cybersex relationship with a guy from texas. it progressed to letter writing and phone calls before i found out.
she says she was bored and needed that thrill, but it has really hurt me very deeply. i love her very much and it pains me terribly to think about divorce, as much as it feels like she cheated on me.
we talked at length and she was very sorry and upset at herself for how she hurt me. i have forgiven her and we're trying to put it behind us now.
she told the guy from texas that it was over, however he had grown quite fond of her and seems sort of obsessed. she insisted that he desist but he warnes us not to contact the police. he has sent more letters and made phone calls, bought her a magazine subscription, and has now come to california to visit his family who live not far from our house. we have stated that he not contact us but he said he was going to pay us a visit. this has made us very worried and upsetting our christmas. we are fearful that he might try something stupid and we need some advice.

what can we do to prevent him from ever contacting us again?
is there such thing as a restraining order in this situation?
how would we go about obtaining it?

thanking you in advance
tom jones.

HomeGuru

Dear Tom,
What's new pussycat?
Hire an attorney to send him a letter with a cc. to the local police and the FBI. That should do the trick.

signed,
Englebert

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">