• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i get my tools back from old employer who wont return them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sugarshane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington
i started working for a auto repair shop and brought my box down there now curently not working and he will not give them back. he has a open case from the last tech for the same thing.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington
i started working for a auto repair shop and brought my box down there now curently not working and he will not give them back. he has a open case from the last tech for the same thing.
You are going to have to sue him. You really don't have any other viable options. You could try asking the police to accompany you to pick up your tools, but that might not get you anywhere.

BL

You are going to have to sue him. You really don't have any other viable options. You could try asking the police to accompany you to pick up your tools, but that might not get you anywhere.
If you can PROVE those are your tools , the police might intervene .

If not and they state they are their tools ,you'll have to convince small claims they are yours,your x employer has them, and their worth used.

If they are preventing you from earning an income , the court might consider those damages ,but generally small claims is for accual damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">