• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do you prove larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenilee02

I am living in Va. I have this Dect. who keeps calling me about larceny charges my ex-boyfriend is trying to push when I moved out. I only have my items in my new house. I just don't know how he can prove I took (ie) baseball cards, or family pictures when there will be nothing but his word on it. This Dect. said I took over $250,000 worth of family crap from him. But how can he prove it was even in the house?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I assume you mean "detective".

This detective is investigating the complaint to determine if there is probable cause. If he finds PC then charges are filed. It is then up to the state to prove the charges in court.

You might want to speak to an attorney.

Kiawah

- pictures that the items were in the original property
- purchase receipts as to the value
- pictures that the items were gone when you moved your other items out
- a search warrant for your new property, and finding of some items
- a witness who comes forward and indicates you told them you had the items
- an ad for selling the items, that was placed by you
- someone comes forward and tells the police that you asked them to store the items, and they're now scared they'll be arrested for contributing
- some picture shows up, with the items in your possession or new location

- probably a whole bunch of things that could be pieced together, and looks very incriminating to a third party.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">