• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to keep an adult friend away from a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetvabreeze40

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia
I have a 15 year old daughter that was friends with a 21 year old lady. She was my daughter's volleyball coach. After a recent incident where this woman brought my daughter and her friend home drunk (plus they weren't even supposed to be with this woman), I specifically asked this woman to stay away from my daughter. This week, I found out that there was another incident several weeks ago where again, this woman picked my daughter up from a friend's house, took her to a local park where they met a couple of boys, and the 19 year old sexually assaulted my daughter. Tonight, this woman sneaks over to my house to meet my daughter. I am at my wits end. While I know my daughter is also at fault, how do I keep this woman away?

Thanks!

CdwJava

There have already been crimes committed - call the police before your daughter gets hurt even more!

- Carl

sweetvabreeze40

I have filed a sexual assault complaint, which is in the process of being investigated. In the state of Virginia, can I file a restraining order? Or do I have to file a complaint directly against this woman first?

NexLevel

I have to say this, because I'm a parent, and I know if this happened, here's what I would do:

If the woman snuck up to my house, and attempted to get my daughter out of the house, I would walk out with my 12GA shotgun and hold her under citizens arrest, on the ground, in the mud, on her face with her hands to her side. :D

I would tell my daughter or anyone else to call 9-11 to report an intruder. The police arrive, take the person into custody, and then let's let the courts decide what's going to happen.

This way, it's all nice and clean. You have rights, you know, and while holding someone under citizens arrest isn't the nicest thing to do, it's surely legal and warranted. The shotgun part varies from state to state, so I would certainly check your state, or just talk to a local police officer. Larger breed security-type dogs work well too, like German Shepards [check, I have one] or Dobermans or Rottweilers. They're fairly good at holding someone down (provided you have a leash, hopefully, or they'll be good at turning someone into mush).

I have to say this - because I'm honest and well it's my damned opinion - if anything I've written above shocks you -- then you probably aren't the type to defend your kids at the measure necessary in today's society. I say this in the nicest possible way, but I've learned that in our great big, ugly world there are terrible and ugly people who we have to deal with -- necessarily making ourselves ugly and terrible. But, I'd rather do this than let my daughter be further corrupted by this b*tch.

How do you know that this woman didn't intend to kidnap your daughter and put her into sexual slavery (prostitution), or kidnap her and sell her, or many other things. This is no laughing game. I will protect my kids with any means necessary, even if I run the risk of going to jail.

If criminals (and this woman IS a criminal) are that bent on doing their crimes, then I'm sure as hell bent on protecting my kids.

My .02.

----------------------------------
-YOU MAY WANT TO CONSULT AN ATTORNEY BEFORE YOU TAKE MY ADVICE-

NexLevel

Found your info - restraining orders

sweetvabreeze40 said:
I have filed a sexual assault complaint, which is in the process of being investigated. In the state of Virginia, can I file a restraining order? Or do I have to file a complaint directly against this woman first?
Go here:

http://www.womenslaw.org/VA/va_links.htm

They can help you start the process of getting a protective (restraining) order started. There is no cost -- at least that I know of, unless you have to get an attorney involved (which sometimes is necessary).

Again, I say this in the nicest way -- a restraining order in my book is a deadly force option facing anybody wishing to come around me.

stephenk

she is a volleyball coach? For school, church, etc? you should notify the group that hired her about what she has been doing with your daughter and possibly other girls on the team.

JETX

sweetvabreeze40 said:
After a recent incident where this woman brought my daughter and her friend home drunk (plus they weren't even supposed to be with this woman)
That is enough to call the police and file a criminal complaint... either for providing alcohol to a minor or contributing to delinquency.... or any of several more possible charges.
Call the police and file a criminal complaint against her.

Veronica1228

stephenk said:
she is a volleyball coach? For school, church, etc? you should notify the group that hired her about what she has been doing with your daughter and possibly other girls on the team.
Sorry to interrupt (again).........

Stephenk, I know your quote again. Don't worry, I'll never tell!!! :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">