• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Montana

I first found this website when my husband had the opportunity to be involved with some very shifty individuals. He was guilty of making friends with those he shouldn't have (didn't listen to me when I said they were no good) and that involvement brought him into the circle of what was going on. He was questioned in March of 2002 regarding the goings on of these people and told the detectives each time he talked to them what he did and didn't know. The last time we heard from anyone was in August of 2002 when a detective told him he would be subpeoned to a grand jury. He was never subpeoned and never questioned again. We followed the newspaper as to what was going on (several were found guilty and the "ringleader" was just sentenced but is pending sentencing on other charges). How long do we look over our shoulders and wonder if they will come and talk to him again? It was very scary at the time but we have gone on with our lives and just wonder when this whole thing will be entirely over?

HomeGuru

concerned1 said:
What is the name of your state? Montana

I first found this website when my husband had the opportunity to be involved with some very shifty individuals. He was guilty of making friends with those he shouldn't have (didn't listen to me when I said they were no good) and that involvement brought him into the circle of what was going on. He was questioned in March of 2002 regarding the goings on of these people and told the detectives each time he talked to them what he did and didn't know. The last time we heard from anyone was in August of 2002 when a detective told him he would be subpeoned to a grand jury. He was never subpeoned and never questioned again. We followed the newspaper as to what was going on (several were found guilty and the "ringleader" was just sentenced but is pending sentencing on other charges). How long do we look over our shoulders and wonder if they will come and talk to him again? It was very scary at the time but we have gone on with our lives and just wonder when this whole thing will be entirely over?
**A: have him call the detectives and find out.

Assuming we remembered or knew who the detectives were and had the guts to do it and open the can of worms again, that is exactly what we would do. Aside from that, is there statute of limitations on cases such as this? Or do we wait forever and see what happens? I will admit that I don't want to bring my husband into the limelight again because I remember how it felt to be there. That and the fact that I know they got the person responsible. But, if that is the only recourse, how does one even go about asking a question like that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">