• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long do you have

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bcchannell

What is the name of your state? tx
im 27 i have 4 kids my ex was 55 but when we got to gather he was 41 and i was 14 i can show that he was missing with me at 15 and 16 because i had a my kids by him i was not the only one he do this to when is was31 he got a 13 year old pg now he has my kids because he will not give them back im scared that he will do something to the girl they are 9 7 and 5 i do not what to call cps besauce i do nothave nothing to back up what im saying what can i do

H

hmmbrdzz

What do you mean "he has my kids because he won't give them back"? You said you had 4 children. Where is the 4th child? Does your ex have legal custody of the 3?

Regardless if he does or doesn't, if you believe that your children, ages 5, 7, and 9, who are in the custody of your ex, are being sexually molested by him or by anyone else, you should contact CPS and let them know of your suspicions immediately. Tell them exactly what you told us here, and tell them whatever else you know about the situation, and answer their questions. Tell them what you fear about bringing your suspicions to them.

Call your county court house and ask to speak to someone in child protective services. They will connect you to the right people.

I've also provided a web page for you below. Your can type it into your address bar at the top (without the url that appears at the beginning and end) and go to this web site and get some information. There is an e-mail address for contacting someone in that department. You can also contact them by e-mail and explain your situation and ask for help.

http://www.co.el-paso.tx.us/CA/ca_childprotect.htm

hmmbrdzz

B

bcchannell

replay

no one has custody of the kids the 4th is a boy he is 11 i hate to go to cps because im not should that he is doning any thing to them he has the kids scared of cps and they will not talk to them i do not want to say that they are being done that why and they are not it would get me in troublecan i get in trouble for say that and it turn out not to be true

H

hmmbrdzz

Hi Charlotte: If you fear your children may be sexually molested by your ex-husband because of his sexual conduct in the past and because he won't let you see them now -- if you go to CPS in good faith and in attempt to protect your children from a possible child molester -- no, you cannot get in trouble if you go and it turns out to be not true. If you are afraid of what your ex-husband will do to you if you go to CPS, or if you are afraid what he will do to the children if you go to CPS, or if you believe he has instructed these children to not talk to anyone in CPS -- tell CPS about this. Tell them you do not know who has custody of the four children but that your ex-husband has the three girls and won't let you see them. Tell them what age you were when he began sexual relations with you; tell them why you believe he got a 13-year old girl pregnant.

You are the mother of these children, and it is your responsibility to report your suspicions to the right people if you believe sexual abuse or molestation is occurring. CPS is the right people.

hmmbrdzz

nailtech

Thats not so in Texas, it could backfire on her if she makes a claim with no proof...

§ 261.107. False Report; Penalty
(a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly or intentionally makes a report as provided in this chapter that the person knows is false or lacks factual foundation. An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor unless it is shown on the trial of the offense that the person has previously been convicted under this section, in which case the offense is a state jail felony.
(b) A finding by a court in a suit affecting the parent-child relationship that a report made under this chapter before or during the suit was false or lacking factual foundation may be grounds for the court to modify an order providing for possession of or access to the child who was the subject of the report by restricting further access to the child by the person who made the report.
(c) The appropriate county prosecuting attorney shall be responsible for the prosecution of an offense under this section.
This mans track record should be reported,..

by the way, where were your parents in all this??

H

hmmbrdzz

But Nailtech -- don't you addtionally believe that -- from reading her notes -- that she would not be making a "knowingly or intentionally false statement" if she took her concerns about these children to CPS? It's one thing to go to authorities and say "my ex-husband had his hands down my 5-yr old girl's pants" (and to know you are making a false statement in that regard). That is totally illegal. It is another thing, however, to go to authorities and make a report (in good faith) of your suspicions of child abuse (molestation) in an attempt to protect children when you, the reporter, believes it may be occuring. She does not need "proof" that it is occurring.

I do not believe her case falls within any danger zone of being a "false report" or that it will "backfire" on her if she reports her suspicions in good faith. From the description of her note, she expresses concerns about her children possibly being sexual molestated and about her fears, and based on her notes -- I believe I have instructed her how to go to authorities in the manner she should. And actually, in the case she has presented here, she may be bordering on having a "legal duty" to (but I didn't want to divert her from what I believe her ultimate goal here is: to protect her children against a possible child molester and to do so within the law.

Grandparents -- unless they have suspicions that abuse / molestation is occurring -- have nothing to do with the parent's responsibility to report suspicions of molestation and their legal duty to report their knowledge of such.

http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/mandatory_reporting.htm

hmmbrdzz

nailtech

Well I'm reading, My ex has my kids wont give them back and "He Might" molest them....

It says "or lacks factual foundation" she stated she did not know and said she had nothing to back it up....

When I said where were her parents in all this, I meant, when she got pregnant at 15 by a 41 year old she was a minor big time, and Texas is very strong on that stuff, they should have done something then...... that was their responsibility and he wouldn't have been around to father the other 3 children... but you cant cry over spilt milk...

she has just as much right to the children as he does, (and the two that his name is not on the BC, I feel that he has the burden of proof that their even his... but I could be wrong)... there’s nothing stopping her from picking up the children and not returning them just like he did,.... there are no orders in place she said...

I'm wondering if there is a statute of limitations on statutory rape...

Texas only allows 2 years difference in age when a child is under 18

Last edited:
H

hmmbrdzz

Yeah.... I thought about the same thing about her minor pregnancy and how in the heck it got by someone in authority, but sometimes people are so good at hiding it -- for years. I was also concerned when she said "no one has custody". It kind of sounded to me she possibly didn't know her rights to custody, or didn't know how to get her children back, or didn't know if she could get them back (or something) -- maybe that she was scared to try to get them back. This ex-husband, having those three girls in his custody now without a custody order and not letting the mother see them (and the mother making the statement that the ex has made the children afraid to talk to CPS) also makes me wonder if she knows more than what she's willing to admit here. When I told her to report it, I thought "hmmm. I wonder if she typed this note knowing that she is aware of actual sexual abuse occurring to these children and is afraid that CPS will investigate her, too". I'm not sure about the statutory rape statutes. 11, 9, 7, 5. Whew. I hope she finds some help, though. I hope she'll come back!

hmmbrdzz

B

bcchannell

my reply

i now that he is making the kids scared of cps because the kids told me when i had them that he told them that if they say any thing to them that they would never see him again he was never my huddy we lived together i do not know if my kids are going through that i just think if he did it to me what will stop him from doing to it his kids i know he had a 13 year old girl pg he was 31 at the time then is a line of child molestion in his past
and my partens know of us and so do the cop all they did is pat him in his back is the man is black and im white i know that do not mean anything there is no help for me the cops tell me even now that he has right to them and i tell them what i thing they say it just me tring to get my kids i have not seen by kids seen christmas he will not let me see them when i tell him that im here for them he will not give them to me im scared that he will hit me because he has in the past when i was with him i know this sound i thought i do not want to do any think but the laws are on he side not mine i told the cops he was not and the two oldest kids bc but they tell me that it is a civil matter and they can not help me

B

bcchannell

sorry

by the way im not a smart person i do not spell good are type the words that should be type i read the wed page that you put on your reply the one www.smith-lawfirm it said that the limitation does not run untill he/she is 18 what does that mean but i do not know if my kids are being done that way i just hope that they are not i feel that they will see it as i tring to get even with him for getting my kids and that is not the case if the cop will not help me who will

nailtech

First of all you need to contact an attorney in your area to help you get your children...... if you can not afford one there is legal aid out there to help you... here is a link for legal aid to find one in the area you live in...

http://www.texashousing.org/txlihis/siterebuild/agencies/legalaid.lasso

if you start spouting that he is a possible molester without proof he's molesting your children the first thing people are going to think is your just using it to get your kids back.... let the lawyers do it for you, if you don’t get some legal help, your not going to get your kids back.... so if you want your children, get busy finding a lawyer we can not do it for you its something you must do to protect your children... but don’t inform him the "ex" of what your trying to do, the element of surprise needs to be on your side.... let the courts deal with him.....

There is help out there for single mom’s use it... whether it's a GED, a junior collage with financial aid or housing.....

What area in Texas are you in??

B

bcchannell

my reply

i live in kemp that is henderson county and i have tried finding lawers and there is no legal aid in this area p;ease i do not drive soi have to get people to help me find them

B

bcchannell

my reply

i ty you for you help and the reason i have turn to this wed site is because people is telling me one think and i was just wondering if they were ritgh because as it is the law is on his side and not mine i ty very much if i have any more ? can i ask you people i

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">