• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many counties can a person be on probation in!?!?!?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SLilyBelle

I am the victim of a crime, and the person arrested made a plea bargain in the case, pleading guilty to all the felony counts against him. He received what I consider a slap on the wrist - probation. The DA didn't bother to check his record (or contact me at the time of sentencing), missing the fact that he was on probation in other counties for numerous felonies.

In one county, he has one more year left on his probation, so they've got him in jail there, and after they sentence him, he will have to answer to the other county, where he has 8 years left on his probation. There may be other counties; those are just the two I know of.

My question is this - why on earth does it seem like one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing in our county governments??? When I spoke to one of the other counties, they admitted that they'd "lost track" of him over the last couple of years, and had no clue that he was in jail at all.

Do I have any recourse in all of this? I want to make sure this person goes to jail and stops just getting slaps on the wrist. There should be a point at which he has to take responsibility for his crimes!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">