• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to prosecute my wife's ex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CombatTN88

Before I begin my story, my wife and I are residing in Tennessee as my wife's ex husband is residing in South Carolina. When my wife was married to her ex husband, they also were living in South Carolina. For me, my wife and I are married in Tennessee and still living in Tennessee.

Here is my story. My wife was abused by her ex husband for last seven years (7 years of marriage). My wife had tried to get him arrested many times for assault, but police didn't do anything to him. Finally, they were divorced after a year of seperation.

A few years later, I found out that my wife's ex husband used my wife's name and SSN to open a phone account, so he could use it. In fact, he charged over 600 dollars worth of charges until that phone company shut it down for non-payment.

My feeling was to go SC to break his legs for crimes that he has had done to my wife and fled back TN. Hey, don't worry. I won't do something stupid to get myself in jail.

My question is: what can I do with my wife's ex husband legally way to get him prosecuted on using SSN and name illegally? And is there a way for me to get him prosecuted on his past assaults on my wife?

Thanks, Combat
[email protected]

T

T-DESIGNER

I am no attorney, but I suspect it is up to the phone company
to prosecute the ex-husband; i.e., they were the ones that
were harmed for non-payment. Your credit rating may have
been temporarily affected, but the phone company should
have cleared any credit problems with you and your wife.

Forgery on the part of the ex-husband may lend credence,
but it does not provide any evidence of prior abuse and
assaults.

Your local District Attorney's office should be able to
advise you about bringing charges on the past assaults;
i.e., the laws in Tennesse and South Carolina are probably
similar. However, they will probably tell you it would be
impossible to prosecute because (1) passage of time,
(2) lack of police action, (3) lack of physical evidence,
such as bruises, etc., and (4) your wife did not file
charges against her husband when the assaults
occurred.

I guess you will have to go buy a heavy baseball bat (just
kidding)!

"Don't look back!"

Citizen Brown

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">