• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to research Ca. cases of code 591?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mayorsmith

What is the name of your state? ca. can someone tell me how to find ca. court cases charging someone with a violation of ca. penal code 591 ? i do not know any specific case numbers, i want to find all the cases involving this code, with the court opinion.

calatty

Go the the county law library and look for the Annotated California Codes, either the Deering's or the West edition. Look under Penal Code section 591 and in the pocket part in the back. All published cases that have discussed section 591 will be listed in the annotation after the text of the statute. There is generally no way to find unpublished cases (except of you have access to Westlaw), and most cases are unpublished, but unpublished cases do not have the force of law.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

calatty said:
Go the the county law library and look for the Annotated California Codes, either the Deering's or the West edition. Look under Penal Code section 591 and in the pocket part in the back. All published cases that have discussed section 591 will be listed in the annotation after the text of the statute. There is generally no way to find unpublished cases (except of you have access to Westlaw), and most cases are unpublished, but unpublished cases do not have the force of law.

My response:

Ohhhhh! Let's go back to first year of law school!

Remember to Sheppardize your cites, too!

Right about now, our writer is saying, "pocket part"? "Sheppardize"? What the hell are these people talking about?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">