• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to start the criminal process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GrandPrix2011

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Individuals hacked into my home computer systems. I have very good evidence to support this. Initially filed a police report with the local police department. They finally sent it down to county. I have had no response from county despite several letters I have sent and have also copied the FBI, Attorney General, etc. I'm pretty sure the country prosecutors office is stalling hoping I will go away because at least one of the individuals has a relationship with the county and the other is an attorney.

The latest repsonse from the Attorney generals office suggested I find an attorney to start the process. I'm not sure how this would work but I'm assuming if an attorney started this then the prosecutors office would have to pick it up? Are there any other suggestions on what I could do to get this moving forward? This is in Cuyahoga county.

Last edited:

HuAi

You report the matter to the police, they do an investigation and report the results to the district attorney who files charges if he feels that the evidence supports it.

While you may think you have a sure thing, the DA may not agree. What makes you think someone hacked into your home PC, and how do you know who it is? That's a pretty unusual occurence.

swalsh411

OP sounds paranoid. DA is not going to file charges based on his hunch. His "evidence" is probably nothing.

True "hacking" of home computers in the technical sense is very rare. Most of what many people refer to as "hacking" is spyware, malware, spam, viruses, and logging in as somebody else on facebook, myspace, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">